“Because there are so many Bits…..and Bytes”
Data Centre’s are the “nerve centre” of the new economy. The purpose of the data center is to centralize and consolidate IT resources, while running the applications that handle the core business and operational data of your organization. This enables your business infrastructure to offer 24/7 availability, 365 days a year.
ITL Technologies have proven knowledge and experience in working with our Clients across the various facets of Data Centre management.
ITL Technologies work with you to develop Data Centre Management Solutions that are tailored to your specific business environment and requirements.
The following are some of the key functions and associated actions of Data Centre Management that can be incorporated in our solutions for you.
Computer Room Management
- Maintain site wide and computer room layout diagrams.
- Maintain site wide documentation for structured cabling and possible fibre cabling.
- Weekly monitoring of Computer Room environments for cleanliness, proper server and rack labelling, proper equipment / intra-rack cabling installations, room temperatures, humidity levels and room airflow.
- Pre-allocation of server installation locations within racks.
- Organising inter-rack data cabling for new hardware installations.
- Facilitating rack installations (tile cutting, rack bracing, rack positioning, power)
- Keeping abreast of all projects and their associated requirements, changes and variations.
- Ensuring your environment is the best it could be.
- Measuring the contamination levels in the air
- Decontamination utilising specialist equipment
- Attend weekly meetings with your Facilities / Data Centre Team.
- Proactively liaise with your Facilities / Operations Managers to confirm requirements for Environmental Provisioning.
- Proactively liaise with your IT Project Managers and Project Technical Managers, to ensure necessary project provisioning is being planned for.
- Liaise and work with your Data Centre service vendors for engineering services, electrical services, tile cutting, and hardware suppliers as required.
- Comply with your Access and Change control policies for Data Centres.
- Utilisation of your Business’s Management Tools i.e. change and incident management system, Help Desk etc
Documentation and Reporting
The following are examples of reports and records that can be created, maintained and supplied to your business in consultation with you.
- Computer Room Management undertaken proactively on a weekly/fortnightly basis, as agreed with your Facilities / Data Centre Team
- The environmental provisioning work requests completed in the past month and the cost incurred in doing so
- The real time records maintained as a result of the audits and documentation updates
- Any computer room management issues attended to
- Other detail as requested by your Facilities / Data Centre Team