St Leonards Road School – Auckland
The Customer’s Requirement
“The installation of telephone, data and audio infrastructure as well as computer networking to two new classrooms and our school hall extension”.
Detailed Business Requirements:
- A quality Audio Sound System to cover both the existing and the new extension to the School Hall.
- The hall is to be divided into two zones each with individual volume control.
- Multiple VGA and RCA inputs around the main hall for computer picture and sound connectivity.
- Blu-Ray DVD player for playing music and DVD’s..
- Projector for displaying computer, DVD image outputs..
- Wireless hand held microphone system enabling the simultaneous use of two microphones, future proofed so it can be expanded up to a total of 4 microphones.
- Wall mounted. The entire system is to be wall mounted to allow the movable stage to pass under it.
The Customer’s Solution
ITL Technologies listened to our brief and provided excellent suggestions to ensure we had the right product for our needs.
The ITL staff involved in this project were very courteous and respectful of the wishes and needs we had in carrying out their
duties whilst students were engaged in learning.
The project was well managed and met all our needs as far as specifications and future proofing of the school’s requirements with regards to
data and communications cabling and in particular the awesome sound system recommended and installed in our hall.
Detailed Solution Breakdown:
Achieved the requirements of the solution by working with our partners and designing a system that utilized :
- Australian Monitor Pro Audio equipment.
- MiPro microphone system.
- A Marantz SR8002 AV receiver. This receiver was also utilized for some of the required switching and upscaling aspects of the solution.
- A lockable Enclosure Technologies Wall Cabinet to house all the components of the solution. This Cabinet is rated to 125kg when wall mounted.
- Speakers. Using a combination of Australian Monitors new XRS12 and XRS8 passive units.
The Customer’s Outcome
On behalf of St. Leonards Road School I would like to thank ITL Technologies Ltd for the professional manner in which they conducted IT services for our school.
We got a first class job at an affordable price. The costings were inside the budget allocation we had set aside and gave us extremely good value for money.
We cannot thank them enough for coming up with an amazing solution to our school’s project.
I would have no hesitation in working with or recommending ITL to any school or business wanting a one-stop shop solution for their IT requirements.
Detailed Operational Breakdown:
The main use of the system is for school assemblies where the microphones are used by the students and teachers for announcements & presentations. They can be used together or as separate individual units.An example of its use is where the computer is routed through a Kramer 4×1 VGA/Audio switch which is then upscaled to HDMI by a Kramer Scaler. From here the signal passes through the Marantz AV receiver for final processing and then on to the projector for a full 1080p display of words for songs while simultaneously playing the accompanying music through the Speakers.