“We Have All The Right Moves”
ITLTechnologies recognise that our Clients Businesses are in a constant state of change. This means that at any given time there will be various rearrangements, additions or deletions being executed. These changes are not always confined to the Clients current premises and sometimes necessitate relocating to a new site.
ITL has been engaged with many of our Clients, in assisting with the implementation of their various reshaping and restructuring strategies. As a result, we have developed and now offer a Client definable Relocation Service.
The first phase in developing the solution is information gathering. The following are some areas that will need to be addressed.
This isinformation about the situation from which the project will be developed. It basically needs to introduce the project.
Statement of Work
Typical categories that make up a SOW are:
- A detailed description of the work.
- Location of the Work.
- The start and finish date for the project, maximum billable hours per time period, etc.
- Due dates for the deliverables of the project.
- Industry standards or other standards imposed on the project deliverables.
- Acceptance Criteria.
- Any special qualifications for the work force, such as installer certification for the specific product being handled.
The Business Requirements
Some examples of possible business requirements include:
- Project Management and coordination of the entire project from end-to-end.
- Planning and coordination to provision a suitable full height, free-standing cabinet to house the network equipment.
- Planning cabinet layout, and implementation for Client’s Equipment.
- Planning and coordination of defined data cabling requirements at the new site.
- Planning and coordination of the relocation of the Client’s equipment from the existing to new locations.
- Planning and coordination of the relocation of the Client’s data circuit to the new site.
- Provide sufficient free space and shelving to allow expansion within the cabinet in a structured fashion.
- Establish documentation records and procedures to ensure that all access and work carried out within the cabinet is clearly logged and recorded.
Once all the information has been gathered, the solution is developed and signed off with the Client.
The following are examples of tasks that could be in Scope.
Network and Infrastructure
- Order and deliver hardware components on Clients behalf
- Supply and install new Cabinets.
- Supply and Install new patch panels and shelves into new cabinet.
- Test, modify, and provision power and data cabling as requested.
- Arrange for the Clients data circuit to be relocated and cutover.
- Installation of switches at new site.
- Relocate Client’s network router into the new cabinet.
- Shut down and disconnect Clients equipment at old site.
- Transport network router to new site.
- Commission and test WAN and LAN at new site in conjunction with the Clients IT Team.
- Reconnect and test Clients PCs at new site.
- Develop cabinet access/work register system.