MOE – APPROVED INSTALLER:
ITL are proud to announce we have been appointed as a Ministry of Education Approved Installer.
This allows ITL to deliver MoE compliant SNUP Upgrades.
In addition, this certification enables ITL to deliver MoE compliant works across all schools.
The Ministry have changed the way they are delivering ICT Infrastructure in the education sector, to
ensure schools ICT needs comply with the Ministry’s Policy and Standards.
Holding MoE Approved Installer Status is a requirement for any school ICT Infrastructure Network
installations. This ensures that the installers meet their required Quality, Professionalism, Warranty
and Certification standards.
We look forward to working with the Ministry, the Schools, Consultants and Builders.
If you would like to discuss this with one of our team please Contact Us
Below is a brief outline of some of the MoE Requirements;
From the Property Toolbox:
Schools must follow the Network Standards for upgrades (ICT Standards) when upgrading,
developing or altering a school’s computer network infrastructure. Note these important points:
- Use recognised standards for cabling and switches for consistency and to enable network expansion.
- The ICT Standards apply to new cabling, switches and servers in all new buildings, alterations and additions to existing infrastructure.
- The ICT Standards are primarily for consultants and contractors designing and installing school networks.
- Schools must ensure that their project manager is familiar with the ICT Standards as most property projects involve some ICT work.
- Schools must use certified installers to install ICT services.
- Warranties on products are usually invalid if a manufacturer or supplier is not a recognised certified installer.
- The Standards include recommended cabling suppliers and installers.
- A certified cabling installer should provide a 20-year performance warranty on installations.
These standards also apply if extensive building work affecting the school’s infrastructure is being carried out.
Hence the schools are required to use a Ministry of Education approved ICT Cabling installer not
just for SNUP installations, but is for all ICT Cabling installations on all Ministry of Education state
For more information please see the following links;